July 5, 2010

The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master was a quick and relatively fun read. The book covers many broad topics of everyday programming, such as project management, documentation, testing and automation. While reading I noticed that I already follow many of the principles outlined in the book, but reading it on paper helped encourage me to continue to do so.

Most of material new to me concerned project management and customer relationships. Two such items include having a project glossary and choosing appropriate ways to pleasantly surprise customers.

All programmers should know the book's material and practice it everyday. In my opinion, college's should require more reading of this type to help prepare students for the real world. Overall, it is a great book for professional programmers.

0 comments: